Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Advent Gift Board that can be used for other countdowns/holidays/special occasions.

Ok I wanted to create a gift style board for my daughter this year for Christmas.  I did alot of exploring and decided to use some ideas I saw and create my own that could be used for other occasions as well.  Heres how:


Materials:
  • One piece of plywood (got mine at Habitat for Humanity resale shop for $1)
  • Paint (for board and clothes pins)
  • Chalkboard paint (used acrylic small bottle from Michaels that cost $0.94)
  • Velcro
  • Clothes Pins
  • Puffy Paint (optional)
  • Picture hangers
  • Epoxy or other type of strong holding glue
  • Circle template (I used a cap)

Steps:
  1. Paint board your desired color.  I did silver since I am using this for multiple purposes.
  2. Paint clothes pins desired color.
  3. Using a pencil, draw a banner for where you will paint chalkboard paint. (Where you want your heading)
  4. Glue you clothes pins in place.  Make sure they are at the bottom of the board and allow for items to hang from.
  5. Trace circle template above clothes pins.
  6. Paint chalkboard paint onto banner and in circles (circles are for days/numbers)
  7. Outline banner and circle in puffy paint.
  8. Add velcro to corners.  The velcro is so I can change the theme.  For christmas, I added Santa and reindeer.  For birthday, I will change and add birthday themed pictures.  For schoolwork, I will change also.  This makes the board multipurpose.
  9. Add picture hangers to the back!
  10. Place small gift bags (got mine at Dollar General for $0.50 each) on clothes pins each day.  Or add childs artwork for display.
Heres how mine turned out:

No comments:

Post a Comment